Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What I have in common with a chicken...


Sunday-the weather was pleasant, almost hot as we were pulling the dead leftovers of last year's garden.  I was raking, and turning up the soil of our beds, when I looked up and noticed all of the "ladies" were watching me.  As I paused, they began to scratch and dig at the soil I had just turned over...in search of food, I presume, or maybe just playing.

Never the less, the motions I was making with my rake were so similar to the motions they were making with their claws.  I felt an instant bond to the girls, and realized that while I was scratching and digging to plant my food, and they were scratching and digging to find theirs, we both were scratching and digging.

Life on the farm is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment